So here is the run down of Quins big day.
It started out with some attempts at the previous tutu pictures. Not so successful. Let me tell you that one year olds are not so great at the posing thing. Especially inside, which is where we were since it was raining out...
BUT, it was successful in the sense that Carson was really into it, and had to have his own tutu. How can you pass up those pictures? Luckily I had one for him. He kept saying, "take one of me mom. take one like this."

Then he tried to get my camera from me, and then he had a melt down...



THE END.
Next I had to get everything ready. Not sure why I went so overboard with everything, I am usually pretty low maintenance, it is only her first birthday after all. Thing is that I found a bunch of cute stuff at the craft store so I went with it...




G's parents, bro and sis-in-law, and olivia came for dinner, presents, and cake. Problem is that I didn't take a group picture. Why do I always forget those? I am sort of bugged. Anyway, thanks you guys for coming. We had lots of fun.
Quin opened presents and liked them all a lot. Not as much as Carson though. I got her a few things that I had as a kid. Like this little cash register... (Today Carson played with it from the time he woke up, until he went to bed tonight. What a hog!)

Then Quin had her first taste of sugar. Yummy. She didn't know what to do with it so she tried to share it with Grandpa. Then she dove in, and was making all these funny slurping sounds. I think she liked it. Although she only wanted about half of it and then she started throwing it instead.


And the balloon pictures...
See the treat I had to bribe her with to get her to hold still for a picture? She stood there sucking on that thing for a good 10 minutes. Then her legs gave out. Too much standing.
It started out with some attempts at the previous tutu pictures. Not so successful. Let me tell you that one year olds are not so great at the posing thing. Especially inside, which is where we were since it was raining out...
BUT, it was successful in the sense that Carson was really into it, and had to have his own tutu. How can you pass up those pictures? Luckily I had one for him. He kept saying, "take one of me mom. take one like this."
Then he tried to get my camera from me, and then he had a melt down...
THE END.
Next I had to get everything ready. Not sure why I went so overboard with everything, I am usually pretty low maintenance, it is only her first birthday after all. Thing is that I found a bunch of cute stuff at the craft store so I went with it...
G's parents, bro and sis-in-law, and olivia came for dinner, presents, and cake. Problem is that I didn't take a group picture. Why do I always forget those? I am sort of bugged. Anyway, thanks you guys for coming. We had lots of fun.
Quin opened presents and liked them all a lot. Not as much as Carson though. I got her a few things that I had as a kid. Like this little cash register... (Today Carson played with it from the time he woke up, until he went to bed tonight. What a hog!)
Then Quin had her first taste of sugar. Yummy. She didn't know what to do with it so she tried to share it with Grandpa. Then she dove in, and was making all these funny slurping sounds. I think she liked it. Although she only wanted about half of it and then she started throwing it instead.
And the balloon pictures...
See the treat I had to bribe her with to get her to hold still for a picture? She stood there sucking on that thing for a good 10 minutes. Then her legs gave out. Too much standing.
Can't believe she is already one...
18 comments:
that first year went too fast! happy birthday little one!
I can't belive she's one either. Cute bday party.
The picture with Carson kissing her at the window is one of your best! Can't believe she is 1!
Wow! did you seriously make that cake? You are so talented. And great pics as well.
Happy Birthday Quin! Love the cake, you are amazing! So fun.
Happy Birthday to Quin! What a cute party and birthday girl. I love the matching tutus! Haha.
Quin is the cutest!! Also happy birthday we all miss you!!!! ♥
I almost barfed with cuteness overload at this post! My husband was quite puzzled by how your pictures always look like they're out of a magazine. You are my photographic inspiration!
Happy Birthday Quincey! She's too cute in her little birthday dress! How did you get her hat to stay on? Mine always slide off! And that cake is phenomenal! (Just pretend like you don't see Mike's on Saturday!)Wow...
little girl cakes are so so darling. can i please have a girl one day to make a flower cake just like that?:) absolutely darling party!! what a lucky little girl to have you for her momma. i love the balloon pics
i couldn't decide who was cuter in the tutu. car or quin.... haha
good job Erin! She is so cute, look at how long that tong is! All curled up out of her mouth!
I love every pic you take, you are so talented!
Are you freaking kidding me? Can I please please be your best friend? You are simply amazing.
oh, how that first year flies! Gorgeous and inspirational goodies, as always ;) Happy birthday, cute Quin! By the way, I just love your birthday dress!
You are amazing. Looks like fun. To bad we are so far away. Luv ya, tracie
Every single thing looks just perfect. How cute. And you MADE the cake?? Oh my gosh. What can you not do?
Aww....Happy Birthday to your doll. Mine turns 1 next month!! Where does the time go! Lovely photos too!
adorable party, beautiful photos!!
I have your cake saved on my pinterest and I'm trying to duplicate it for a party. Did you make all your flowers or buy them? So cute!!!
Post a Comment