Monday, November 16, 2009

My dear mom who I love so much, kindly asked all of us kids to take family pictures for her christmas cards this year. I had trouble lining up a photographer, so we headed out with the tripod on Saturday to try and do it ourselves. What a joke. The kids were fine, but they just weren't smiling in any of them... I think we ended up with ONE that my mom is going to use.

Want to see how it went? Pretty comical...


Yeah, I'm no pro at movie making... Don't you love the abrupt music stop at the end? :) too tired to iron that wrinkle..

The kids clothes were a gift from my mom, so it was only fitting that they be worn for the picture. So cute.

Here is the one that I will be using for christmas. j/k



Next Saturday we are going to try and take ours. G is super happy about the idea.

19 comments:

ZZ said...

Erin - seriously, this is the cutest thing I have seen in a long time!! Wow! So many pictures. What a great idea to make them into a video! Love the outfits (even Buzz!)

Dan said...

very nice I Love the progression

Lesley said...

ok, that's hilarious! I need to try doing that- we've tried some tripod shots recently and I wish I would have thought to capture everything. Hilarious.

Kelley ♥ a bunch of apples said...

holy crap! that is soooo funny! wish i could here what was being said -that would be even funnier! (through smilling teeth: smile everyone or...else!) hahahaha

Melissa said...

Cracks me up! Hey, were you using a remote or timer? Do you know how to get remotes to work? Is it really as hard as I'm making it? We've been meaning to get out for family photos and well...I can't get my remote to sync with the camera!

Erin said...

Lesley-

I just took all the pictures from the shoot and made a really fast slideshow with them. So you could probably still do it. Pretty fun to do.

Melissa-

I actually don't know much about it. My remote just worked... Are you sure your remote is specifically for your camera? Also, check the batteries. I did have a problem with that at first.

k. said...

It kind of just kills me how talented you are. Seriously. Love it.

And I think the last photo is absolutely perfect.

Kristy Stoner said...

I love it! Look how cute you guys are! You look great by the way!!!

Erin said...

LOL. Kathryn, it kills me that you think I am so talented. Totally not the case! But hey, I will take the compliment! :)

Kristen said...

Hey! I got time on Sunday afternoon if you come out to Seattle I'll take your photos for ya!

Kristen said...

oops... nevermind. :(

Jolie said...

I love your creativity! So fun!

Unknown said...

you are seriously too cute. luve the color scheme and the sweet wall! great video!when

capturingtheride said...

I was on the Eastside Saturday doing some photos for a family...weather was great (we got totally rained out the previous saturday) - ah...wish I could've helped you out! But you did great -they're cute and something to remember, nonetheless :)

Karenin Jaar Robison said...

ha ha.. i love the vid. so stinkin cute! by the way, jer just saw your comment on his blog two days ago. go figure. i think you left it like in september. and our blog is jkrobison.blogspot.com

Jana said...

Matt and I loved the video and C's outfit at the end. Awesome.

Kathy said...

You guys are such a gorgeous family. Love your outfits. :)

Missy said...

erin, i found your blog off my friend kathryn's blog. and then i noticed you were on my friend kathy's blog. so somehow we know the same people and think we would be friends too. i love your photography! and i love this little movie you made.

just wanted to say hello! and that kathryn is right! you are so talented...

Jessie said...

I finally got to see this video, yay! It's the cutest thing ever. Corinne and I watched it together (twice) and laughed hysterically.